news details |
|
|
Funds upto Rs 1.55 Crore for two PHCs blocked for over three years: CAG | Better healthcare who cares? | | Nitesh Sangral Early Times Report
Jammu Sept 25: Within tall claims of streamlining the healthcare services across the state during the NC-Congress coalition regime courtesy lackadaisical approach and in this regard the Comptroller and Auditor General of India mentioned that failure of the Health Department to acquire land for construction of PHCs at Bharath and Gundna (Doda) before sanction of the Project/ release of funds resulted in blockade of Rs 1.55 crore for over three years. The CAG report submitted this year indicated that failure of the concerned department to acquire land for construction of PHCs at Bharath and Gundna (Doda) before sanction of the Project/ release of funds resulted in blockade of RS1.55 crore for over three years. "The Director Health Services (DHS) Jammu projected (2008-09) need for the construction of Primary Health Centres (PHCs) at Bharath and Gundna in Doda District for providing immediate medical treatment to the patients, the report said and added, "Jammu and Kashmir Project Construction Corporation Limited (JKPCC) submitted (February 2009) Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) of these PHCs for the purpose of funding the Project. The Project was sanctioned (October 2009) under loan assistance from NABARD 20 (Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF)-XV) at a cost of Rs 2.40 Crore (Loan: Rs 2.16 Crore and State Government contribution Rs 23.97 Lakh) for each PHC." CAG report said that NABARD released (2009-10) first installment of Rs 64.72 lakh for each PHC as mobilisation advance which was further placed (November 2009) by it at the disposal of District Development Commissioner Doda for further release in favour of JKPCC DHS, Jammu. "An amount of Rs 1.29 crore was released in favour of JKPCC in December 2009. The State contribution of Rs 12.94 lakh for each PHC was also released to JKPCC in January 2010 (Rs 6.47 lakh) and March 2011 (Rs 6.47 lakh), the reports added. Report further mentioned that audit scrutiny (May 2012) of records of Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Doda showed that works of PHCs Bharath and Gundna could not be started by the JKPCC as the land identified by the Department for these PHCs had not been acquired resulting in blockade of funds to the extent of RS 1.55 Crore. CAG also stated matter was referred to the Government/Department in March 2014. "And the Department endorsed (June 2014) the reply of Director Health Services, Jammu wherein it was stated that the people of Bharath were reluctant to provide land and that it had been decided to submit the case to the Administrative Department for utilization of available funds for construction of PHC at some other location, it said. It was further stated that for construction of PHC Gundna, land had been acquired by the revenue authorities but there being no approach road it was decided by the District Administration to identify the land in an area having road connectivity. "The reply is indicative of the fact that the Department did not ensure acquisition of land before sanction of the projects, the CAG report stated. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|