x

Like our Facebook Page

   
Early Times Newspaper Jammu, Leading Newspaper Jammu
 
Breaking News :   Back Issues  
 
news details
Terrorist's fear aborted terror strike: LeT's Yakub
8/30/2015 11:45:45 PM
Early Times Report

jammu, Aug 30: A Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorist, who had infiltrated into Kashmir along with Mohammed Naved Yakub, who was captured alive after Udhampur terror attack, had come with a mission of targeting market place but developed cold feet at the last minute.
They were part of a four-member LeT which had crossed over into the Valley from Gulmarg sector in June and were headed towards Bari Brahmana in neighbouring Samba district where a market frequented by army men was to be targeted. An army installation is also nearby.
Naved, now in custody, and Abu Okasa were approaching their target on the outskirts of Jammu city on July 20. Suddenly Abu, a 17-year-old resident of Khyber Pakthunwa in Pakistan, started crying and developed second thoughts on the mission he was supposed to carry out.
These details have emerged during interrogation of Naved and have been corroborated by truck driver Khursheed Ahmed, who had ferried them to Bari Brahmana, official sources said here. The truck driver has since been arrested.
The area to be attacked was the market place and an adjoining army installation but Abu started crying bitterly and was shaking due to fear, the two told the sleuths and said the plan was aborted and they returned to the Kashmir Valley.
Besides Abu and Naved, the other two who had infiltrated with them were Zhargham alias Mohd Bhai and Mohammed Noman alias Momin, who was partner of Naved on August 5 and was killed in retaliatory fire by BSF. Two personnel were also killed in the attack. NIA has announced a cash reward of Rs five lakh each on Abu and Zhargham.
Abu was handed over to Abu Qassim, a Pakistani national who is self-styled commander of Lashker in South Kashmir, and there was no information about him thereafter, they said. NIA has announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh on Qassim also.
NIA, which is probing the case, was handed over three GPS recovered from a hideout in Tral by the army and two smart phones which gave away the over ground network of Lashkar terror outfit in South Kashmir.
The GPS was carried by the team of which Naved was a part and he told his interrogators that they deleted all the points entered in the GPS, which is used by travellers while trekking, the sources said.
Naved, who has been subjected to a lie detector test, has already recorded his confessional statement before a magistrate here last week.
  Share This News with Your Friends on Social Network  
  Comment on this Story  
 
 
 
Early Times Android App
STOCK UPDATE
  
BSE Sensex
NSE Nifty
 
CRICKET UPDATE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
Home About Us Top Stories Local News National News Sports News Opinion Editorial ET Cetra Advertise with Us ET E-paper
 
 
J&K RELATED WEBSITES
J&K Govt. Official website
Jammu Kashmir Tourism
JKTDC
Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board
Shri Amarnath Ji Shrine Board
Shri Shiv Khori Shrine Board
UTILITY
Train Enquiry
IRCTC
Matavaishnodevi
BSNL
Jammu Kashmir Bank
State Bank of India
PUBLIC INTEREST
Passport Department
Income Tax Department
JK CAMPA
JK GAD
IT Education
Web Site Design Services
EDUCATION
Jammu University
Jammu University Results
JKBOSE
Kashmir University
IGNOU Jammu Center
SMVDU