news details |
|
|
KEA accuses PM of deceiving, ditching flood hit people of J-K | Calls for strike on September 7 | | Jehangir Rashid
Early Times Report SRINAGAR, Sept 3: Accusing Prime Minister, Narendra Modi of deceiving and ditching the flood affected people of Jammu & Kashmir, Kashmir Economic Alliance (KEA) today said that Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) led coalition government at the centre has miserably failed to compensate the affected people. Addressing a press conference here, KEA Chairman Mohammad Yasin Khan said that flood hit people had great expectations from Government of India with regard to their rehabilitation. He said the hopes have been dashed as despite a lapse of one year no substantial package has been announced for the flood affected people. Khan asked the people to observe complete strike on September 7 since the day coincides with the first anniversary of September 2014 flood. "Immediately after the flood Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced that he would come to Kashmir once every month. However, this turned out to be mere lip service with the promise not being kept. The flood hit people are going through tough phase and even if some package is announced as on date it won't satiate their demands," said Khan. Referring to the package likely to be announced by Government of India, the KEA Chairman said that the package is meant for the 'development' of the state and not for providing relief to flood hit people. He accused the leaders of BJP and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of changing statements like anything over the past six months vis-à-vis relief to flood affected people. "Honestly speaking I don't have any hope from the PDP-BJP government of the state. The state government has completely failed in rehabilitating the flood affected people. Since more than one year has lapsed one should not expect miracles from the ruling dispensation both at the centre and the state," said Khan. The KEA Chairman claimed that 30 percent of the business houses are yet to resume their work with the remaining 70 percent slowly but surely picking up the threads. He said that people who suffered huge losses in the form of damages to their houses are at loss since no relief whatsoever is coming to them. "Since September 7, 2015 coincides with the first anniversary of the flood it is my appeal to all the people to observe strike on that day. Strike is the only option available to us and hopefully the state government would get awakened due to this form of protest. On that day we are going to reward the people who did exemplary work in carrying out rescue and relief operations in the flood hit areas. NGOs, civil society activists and commoners would be rewarded for the great work done during the flood," said Khan. The KEA Chairman asked the parents not to send their wards to the function being organized by the state government in connection with the first anniversary of September 2014 flood. He claimed that the Qayoom faction of Employees Joint Action Committee has extended his support to the September 7 strike call of KEA. Chief Spokesman KEA, Siraj Ahmad said that state government has failed to take any preventive measures in order to stop recurrence of last year's flood like situation. He said that since breaches have not been plugged there would be complete devastation in case there is yet another flood like situation in the Kashmir valley. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|