For 3rd consecutive day, Pakistani troops violate ceasefire | | | EARLY TIMES REPORT
Poonch, Sept 17: Pakistani troops violated ceasefire for the third consecutive day on Thursday as they pounded forward posts and civilian areas along the line of control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu & Kashmir. "Pakistani troops resorted to heavy firing of automatic weapons and rocket projectile grenades (RPGs) besides mortar bombs on forward posts along LoC in Balakote sector of Poonch district from 6.20 this evening," PRO defence, Jammu, SN Acharya said. Firing and shelling was on when reports last came in from the area. "Our side retaliated appropriately but no casualty or damage was reported," Acharya said. Earlier in the day, Pakistani troops resorted to firing on forward posts along the LoC in Poonch sector around 9.55am," a defence spokesman said here. Pakistan troops overnight fired mortar bombs and used automatic weapons to target forward posts along the LoC in Balakote sector of Poonch district from 7.45pm to 12am, spokesman said. With today's ceasefire violations, Pakistani troops have violated the ceasefire 22 times this month so far. On Wednesday, Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire thrice in Krishnagati and Balakote sectors of Poonch district. |
|