news details |
|
|
Beg speaks Omar's language, says J&K has acceded not merged with India | Will BJP speak? | | Early Times Report Jammu, Oct 13: PDP spokesperson and former NC MP and ideologue Mehboob Beg on Monday challenged the political status of J&K vis-a-vis New Delhi and stated that J&K never merged with India. "J&K 'acceded' to India and had not 'merged' with it," he said while welcoming the view of the J&K High Court Bench that Article 370 was sacrosanct and could not be repealed. "We welcome the judgment and it underlines our constant stand on the subject, PDP has always said that Article 370 is indispensable and forms the very basis of the relation that the State shares with the rest of the Country…J&K 'acceded' to India and had not 'merged' with it," Beg was quoted as saying. What Beg said on Monday was what former J&K Chief Minister and NC working president and presently Leader of Opposition in the J&K Legislative Assembly Omar Abdullah had said on September 26, 2013. "While all the States acceded to the Union of India and then merged with it, Jammu & Kashmir only acceded and not merged. That is why we have special status, our own constitution and the flag. Kashmir issue was linked to the partition when future of all States except Jammu & Kashmir was decided and underlined the need for a sustained dialogue with Pakistan and separatists," he said while talking to a European Union Delegation at Srinagar. Earlier in 2010 also, he had made a similar statement on the floor of the Assembly and his statement had created a stir across the country, with the BJP tearing into Omar Abdullah and asking the Congress-led UPA Government at the Centre to clear its stand on the political status of Jammu & Kashmir. The BJP had then made a lot of noise against the NC and the Congress and declared that the State became an integral and full-fledged part of the Indian nation the day the Maharaja of the State signed an instrument of accession with India and that the accession was non-negotiable and irreversible. The BJP is now part of the coalition Government, which is headed by the PDP. Will it come forward and debunk the nasty and unsettling claim of Mehboob Beg? Or, will it remain silent as it has been doing since March 1, 2015 to stay put in power? If it remains silent and not controvert the Beg's atrocious statement, it shall be presumed that it shares the view of the PDP spokesperson. People of Jammu, nay the entire nation, is looking forward to a statement from the BJP making its stand clear on the PDP's ridiculous assertion. The can't say that this is the view of its coalition partner. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|