news details |
|
|
Bali initiates inquiry into Aru Toll tax scam | Senior IFS officer to visit Pahalgam today | | Saahil Suhail Early Times Report
Anantnag, Sept 1: The Minister for Social Welfare, Forest, Ecology and Environment, Bali Bhagat on Tuesday initiated inquiry into 'Aru Toll tax scam' exposed by Early Times yesterday. According to official sources, senior IFS officer deputed by the minister for investigating the scam is visiting Aru Pahalgam today. They said that the officer along with his team will most likely seize the receipts books from the toll post besides gathering the related information from the department. Senior officers including conservator forest division South Range, Wildlife Warden and Divisional Forest officer Lidder could possibly accompany the investigating team. Wildlife warden south Kashmir, Mohd Sadiq Mir confirmed to Early Times that the Minister has initiated inquiry into the scam. "Yes we were communicated that a senior IFS is visiting Aru tomorrow," he said, however he refused to delve more details. Pertinently, Early Times yesterday exposed the scam and published a news report titled 'State exchequer loses Crores to wildlife officials at Aru Toll post'. Officials and employees posted in Anantnag wildlife division are duping the government each year. According to details available with us the department has only collected five lakh rupees from over 1 lakh tourists.Details provided by the Tourism department at Phaalgam revealed that this year upto 20th of July 121556 domestic and 3461 foreigners have visited Aru valley. "At Aru toll post wildlife department charges Rs 25 from every domestic tourist and Rs 50 from foreigner so when the number of domestic tourists is 121556 then the toll post should generate Rs 30,38, 900 similarly if only one fourth of tourists posses camera then the same toll post should generate over 60 lakh rupees but ironically so far as the employees have collected just Rs 5 lakh," wildlife department official told Early Times. He said that employees in nexus with officials are duping government and are pocketing huge money. On being contacted, Minister for Forest, Ecology and Environment, Bali Baghat when contacted reassured investigation into the matter. "We have started investigation and for that matter I have deputed some officials who will visit the spot," the Minister said. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|