news details |
|
|
Kupwara encounter: One foreign militant, four soldiers killed | | | S.Tahir-ul Haq
Early Times Report
KUPWARA, Oct 5: In two major operations against militants in north Kashmir, four army men and one militant has died so far. The gunfights are still on and a chopper has been pressed into service to track the hiding militants at encounter site. A senior official told Early Times that, "Based on specific information regarding presence of some 3-4 militants in the Haphrudha forest of Rajwar area in Handwara tehsil of Kupwara District, a joint operation was launched by the Army's 6 RR and JKP on the intervening night of Oct 4 and 5. In the midnight the security forces approached the suspected area where the militants were reportedly hiding, they came under a heavy volume of fire. Intense encounter ensued in which one foreign militant was killed and four Army jawans lost their lives, said the official. A top official said that, in another incident, following a tip off regarding presence of some militants in the area. Even a chopper was put into service to track the hiding militants at one encounter site. A joint team of Army and police launched a search operation in the dense forests of Krusan village of Lolab in Kupwara district where militants opened a heavy volume of fire on security forces, after which gunfight broke out between suspected militants and security forces in the area, Official added. However official identified the deceased soldiers who were killed in an encounter as Sepoy Surinder, Surinder Singh, Gurbir Singh and PataSattam of 6 Rashtriya Rifles (RR). Srinagar based defence spokesperson, Col N.N Joshi, confirmed Early Times that, "four soldiers and militant were killed in a two separate encounter, which broke out between militants and security forces in Kupwara district. "In the encounter one militant was killed on Monday afternoon whose identity was not ascertained yet, while adding official said that the areas of both encounters have been cordoned off with additional reinforcement was inducted and the combing operations are continuing, Said NN Joshi. Spokesperson said that one AK-47, radio set, map, one magazine and 282 rounds were recovered from the possession of militant. Meanwhile Chief Minister, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in a statement to press has expressed his grief over the killing of 4 army jawans in an encounter which is continuing from past one day in Kupwara district of north Kashmir. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|