news details |
|
|
Officials facing inquiry gifted vital postings | Health Deptt's "fake" appointment scam | | Saahil Suhail Early Times Report srinagar, Sept 23: Surprisingly, Health department on Wednesday awarded prime administrative posting to the officials facing departmental inquiry into infamous fake appointment scam. Credible sources told Early Times that the Directorate of Health Services Kashmir after coming under political pressure awarded the administrative postings to the officials who were attached with office of Director Health Services Kashmir in 2009 after an internal enquiry report established involvement of at least seven officials then posted in South Kashmir in the recruitment scam. They said that the son-in-law of a politician on whose directions the officials made appointments illegally back in 2008 in South Kashmir was the man behind the alleged deal. "Today we received formal orders from the Directorate of Health Service Kashmir and we will join back and will hold the administrative post," a block medical officer among the seven attached officials confirmed to Early Times. He said that he has submitted his order copy with the office of Chief Medical Officer Anantnag this evening. "I just reached Anantnag and submitted my copy in the office of CMO Anantnag hopefully will be given a block where I will work as Block Medical Officer," he said, pleading anonymity. "Please don't disclose my name," he requested. Director Health Service Kashmir Dr Sameer on being contacted confirmed that he has issued the orders in favour of the attached officers. "What is wrong in it? If they are drawing the salaries why we can't take work from them," he said and dropped the call. Another senior official in the Directorate of Health Services Kashmir said that the postings were temporarily. "They were drawing fat salaries but doing nothing. They would come from Anantnag and sit idle. So it is just to ensure that they work," official said, adding temporary postings will not affect the pending enquiry. Pertinently, junior doctors holding administrative posts in South Kashmir expressed resentment over the decision. A doctor wishing anonymity said, "You can imagine how much pressure was exerted that the officials who are facing an enquiry into such a big recruitment scam were given administrative postings." They said that despite the passage of over three years the investigating officer hadn't yet submitted the inquiry report and so far as government has changed three investigating officers which shows that it was allegedly trying to hush up the scam. Pertinently, then Health Minister Shabir Ahmad Khan had set two deadlines for probing the fake recruitment in his department but the report for which the investigating officers sought only two weeks in 2012 for submitting it hadn't been submitted yet. Early Times needs to be credited for exposing the scam in 2012 and publishing the exclusive investigative stories after which the seven officers of Health Department including Dr Nazir Ahmad Hakeem Dy Director, Kashmir (Schemes), Dr A R Matoo, in-charge Dy CMO Anantnag), Dr Altaf Beigh, CMO Kulgam, Dr G M Shaksaaz, Medical Superintendent, JLNM Hospital, Srinagar, Dr Bashir Ahmed Najar, BMO Larnoo and Dr. Gowhar Abbas, BMO Mattan were attached. Another Dr Iqbal Bichoo, was also attached to the office of CMO, Anantnag, on the charge of having fraudulently appointed his own wife. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|