news details |
|
|
HC stays eviction of ex-Minister Dr Romesh | | | Early Times Report Jammu, Oct 14: In a major development, High Court stayed the Government order in which ex-Minister Dr. Ramesh Chander Sharma had been directed to vacate the Government accommodation allotted to him. In the writ petition filed before Justice Bansi Lal Bhat, court issued notice to the State Government while asking the concerned Estates department not to operate the Government order seeking vacation of the Govt. Bunglow No. 7 located in Ghulami Bagh area of Jammu city. Justice Bansi Lal Bhat stayed the Government order after listening to Advocate Ashish Sharma appearing for the petitioner Dr. Romesh Chander Sharma and Adv. Seema Shekher who represented the State Government before the single bench of Justice Bansi Lal Bhat. Adv. Ashish Sharma pleaded that Dr. Romesh Chander Sharma has been Minister of State for several years and has no house in Jammu city. For this reason, he has been living in Government accommodation since the last many years. He further pleaded that the native place of the petitioner is right on the Indo-Pak border and is often subjected to firing from across the line of control. He further said that without keeping the security aspect of the ex-Minister in mind, Estates Department served him an eviction order vide Govt. order No. DDE/J/468 dated 16-07-2015 in respect of the bunglow allotted to him. Sharma said that the petitioner has been living with his family. He further said that the petitioner did file an appeal before the district judge who dismissed the same without appreciating the grounds taken by the petitioner. He said that in case, he is evicted from the house, he faces imminent threat to life. Adv. Seema Shekher who represented the State referred to the Government orders but the court issued notice to the State and listed the case for hearing on October 16. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|