news details |
|
|
Transparency in filling up of posts advertised by SSB goes for a six | Candidates denied appearing in examination for Camera Boy posts | | Jehangir Rashid Early Times Report SRINAGAR, Oct 19: The claim of higher ups of Services Selection Board (SSB) that they will ensure transparency in the filling up of the posts has fallen flat as a group of candidates today accused the SSB authorities of denying them to appear in the examination held across the state on Sunday. A group of candidates told Early Times that they were denied to appear in the examination for the two posts of Camera Boy advertised earlier this year. The candidates said that despite meeting the Secretary SSB, Shabir Ahmad Raina no corrective measure was taken. They said the Secretary in fact asked to forget about the posts and look ahead. "We had applied for the two posts of Camera Boy advertised under the state cadre in the Department of Information in April this year. The SSB issued a schedule under which the examination for the two posts would be held on October 18, 2015 (Sunday). The examination seems to be a mere eye-wash given the fact that we were not allowed to sit in the same," said the candidates. The candidates said that the SSB authorities asked them to download the admit card for the examination from the website from October 15 onwards. They said they were allotted the examination centre at Kashmir Harvard School, Mallabagh in the outskirts of the summer capital of the state. "On the admit card it was written that the examination would start from 2:00 PM and culminate at 4:30 PM. To our utter surprise when we reached the examination centre we were told by the supervising staff that the examination was already over. We argued with them but they did not listen and asked us to contact the SSB office located in the Rambagh area," said the candidates. The candidates said that they had completed after the formalities like attesting the admit card along with the photograph and providing the ID proof to the concerned authorities. They said that as soon as they reached the SSB office they contacted the Secretary SSB and raised their problem with him with the hope that he would provide him some solution. "The Secretary instead of providing a solution to our problem added insult to the injury. He said that the admit card downloaded by us are fake. We argued with him that we downloaded the admit card from the original website and completed the other formalities as well. Feeling that he would get cornered the Secretary asked us to forget about the two posts and instead apply for the posts to be advertised in future by the Board," said the candidates. The candidates demanded that Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed should take the issue seriously so that a probe is ordered and justice is provided to them. They said stern action under rules should be taken against Secretary SSB since he acted in an irresponsible manner with them. The candidates said that they assume the two posts have already been filled through backdoor with examination being a formality. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|